International Negotiation and Conflict Resolution Program Concentration
Sample Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of the cases, practices, successes, and challenges of conflict assessment and prevention.
- Gain a deep understanding of the processes and outcomes of international negotiation.
- Analyze international conflicts and negotiations in order to develop accurate policy recommendations, negotiation strategies, and tactical responses.
- Examine and engage with some of the critical economic, legal, ethical, and political dilemmas that face nation-states and decision makers in the aftermath of war.
- Engage with and analyze trends, issues, debates, and dilemmas in post-conflict transition and reconstruction processes to grasp the challenges faced and lessons learned in specific cases of post-war transitions.
Careers in International Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- International peace building
- Foreign Service or Department of State work
- Democracy building and conflict resolution