Global Security Program Concentration
Sample Learning Outcomes
- Understand core theories, paradigms, concepts, and debates about the causes and dynamics of conflict at the intrastate, interstate, regional, and global levels of analysis.
- Recognize and analyze the degree to which state policy is a result of rational choice versus biases that arise from bureaucratic, psychological, partisan, and/or ideological influences.
- Analyze how different understandings of peace and security inform policy choices and ways of thinking about patterns of conflict.
- Interpret and evaluate the causes of conflict, violence, and war in order to develop policies, programs, and forums that prevent, manage, or resolve violent conflict.
- Identify the range of conflict-prevention activities and their place on the spectrum of conflict.
Careers in Global Security
- Conflict resolution
- Foreign policy
- Security and intelligence
- Energy and environmental sustainability
- Education and research