A Beginner’s Guide to Environmental Agreements
What is an international environmental agreement?
- Nature: conservation and protection of resources and systems
- Species: interaction with mammals, agriculture, and marine life
- Pollution and climate: pollution of the air, land, oceans, and freshwater systems
- Habitat and oceans: maintaining ecosystems
- Freshwater resources: regulation of lakes and rivers
- Energy, nuclear issues, and conflict: energy production, nuclear-weapon-free zones, and environmental weapons (bacteriological, chemical, toxin)